Last Updated: October 2022
II. Personal Information We Collect
A. Information You Give Us
G1 is committed to adhering to the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulatory principles (“DAA Principles”) that govern best practices for Interest-based and Internet-based advertising (“IBA”). Our use of IBA is described in more detail below. Consistent with DAA Principles, if you would like to opt-out from such third party data collection for use in IBA, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Except for physical location information and tracking technologies (as described below), you do not have to give us any personal information to browse this Sites. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the services offered through this Sites. Once you provide us with your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. This information may include your name, username, password, and email address you may provide to us when you sign up for event registrations and/or other services where you request information that will help us to respond to your request.
B. Location Information.
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Sites, you consent to our collection and use of your physical location information if you use the Sites on a location-enabled device (including GPS, cellular, and Wi-Fi networks) or from your browser.
C. Automated Information Collection.
In order to access and use certain areas or features of the Sites, you consent to our collection and use of certain information about your use of the Sites through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. Your consent to our access and use of this “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the websites that allowed you to navigate to the Sites, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Sites, the pages you looked at on the Sites, other webpages you visited before and after visiting the Sites, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Sites, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
Log Information. When you access the Sites, you also consent to our servers automatically recording information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your computer operating system, mobile device and mobile operating system, name of your internet service provider or your mobile carrier, and one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of characters) that may uniquely identify your browser. Our servers also automatically record what you click on while visiting the Sites.
Location Information. You consent to our receipt of location data passed to us from location-enabled devices or that you have enabled, from your browser, or from third-party services.
Links. The Sites may include links in a format that enables us to keep track of the IP addresses from which these links have been followed. You further consent to our collection and use this information to improve the quality of our Sites, product(s) and G1 business operations
URLs. When you visit or access the Sites, you consent to our receipt of the URL of the site from which you came and links you click on to leave the Szites.
Aggregate Information. We may compile certain personal information and other information collected through the Sites on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of people who have visited the Sites and other user demographics. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually.
III. How We Use Personal Information
G1 complies with its obligations under applicable privacy laws by: keeping personal data up to date where needed based on the purposes for which the personal data is being processed; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place that are designed to protect personal data from loss, alteration, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure as it is transmitted, stored, or otherwise processed, and by using appropriate measures to securely destroy personal data when it is no longer needed by G1.
Personal information collected through the Sites may be used by us and our affiliates for purposes of:
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This includes contacting you regarding such products and Services, such as to communicate information on the proper use of our products, and to provide, collect, review, and communicate information on the quality, safety, or effectiveness of our products.
- To operate our business. We also may use your Personal Information to administer our services, including vendor management, troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, and statistical and survey activities.
- For research and development of our products, including scientific, business, and market research.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or Services that are similar to those you have enquired about or may otherwise be of interest to you, or to send you promotional materials from us or by our affiliates and trusted business partners.
- To improve our Services, and to ensure that content is presented in the most relevant and effective matter for you and for your devices.
- To keep our Services, business and users safe and secure, and to protect the rights and Services of others.
- To comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and to protect or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. This includes using your Personal Information to comply with regulatory requirements relating to the safety and efficacy of our products.
IV. Personal Information We Share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Sites, except as described below:
- Regulatory requirements. We may use your Personal Information in submitting reports or other materials to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or other regulatory authorities. We may also use the Personal Information you provide regarding your experience with any of our products to contact your healthcare professional regarding an unexpected event involving the use of any of our products.
- Research purposes. We may share your Personal Information in connection with research and development, and in ensuring and promoting the safety and efficacy of our products.
- Marketing and advertising. We may share your Personal Information with vendors and advertising partners to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. If we do so, each marketing communication we send you will contain instructions permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other third parties. We share your Personal Information with various service providers, contractors, agents, or partners in connection with business services they are providing with or on behalf of G1 US. Examples of such third parties include individuals and companies that develop, host or maintain our websites, or online resources, or those that provide customer service support activities. We also may share your Personal Information with third parties with whom G1 US is jointly marketing a product or service or jointly conducting a program or activity.
- Corporate affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our corporate affiliates for purposes consistent with this Privacy Statement.
- Business transfers. We may share Personal Information in connection with a transaction involving all or part of our assets. For example, if all or part of G1 is sold or merged into another entity, the Personal Information we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We may also share your Personal Information in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Legal purposes. We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order), law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries. We may disclose Personal Information to protect and defend our rights or property, and to address security situations or emergencies when safety is at risk.
- With your consent. We may share Personal Information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent
V. Aggregate Information
VI. Your Choices
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Sites. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of the Sites, which may limit your access to certain portions of the Sites.
B. Communications from Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Sites, you may indicate this preference by contacting us at email@example.com.
C. Do Not Track
D. FURTHER PROCESSING
VII. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information provided on or through the Sites. These security measures include monitoring system to actively screen for unwanted behaviors such as password brute-forcing attempts. However, no method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect personal information about you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Sites. If you have reason to believe that personal information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us in accordance with the last section below.
VIII. A Special Note about Children and California Residents
- CHILDREN. Children are not eligible to use the Sites, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 16) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Sites only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) supplements and is expressly made part of the information contained in the G1 Privacy Statement and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“California Residents,” “consumers,” or “you”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Under the CCPA, California Residents have the following rights:
Right to Request Access to Information. You have the right to request that G1 disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months.
Right to Request Deletion of Information. You have the right to request that G1 delete any of your Personal Information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to opt out of sale or disclosure. You have the option to opt out of the use or disclosure of your information that is considered a “sale” under the CCPA. However, G1 does not sell your information to third parties.
Right to non-discrimination. You have a right to not be discriminated against for exercising your rights under the CCPA, except where required or permitted by law.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
California residents may exercise their rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a request on behalf of your minor child.
Your request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a request to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days from the day of receipt), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
G1 is not obligated to provide you with access to your Personal Information or rights relating to disclosure more than twice within a twelve (12)-month period.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us as set out in the Contact Us section below. Be sure to include your name and address; you can include your email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal
- JOB APPLICANTS AND CONTRACTORS. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection and use of certain employment-related information. If you have applied for employment or a contract position with G1, the information submitted in your job application and that we otherwise collect in evaluating your application will be used for recruitment and other customary human resources purposes including any required government reporting and recordkeeping obligations. This information may include criminal record information and federal exclusion list status, as applicable.
IX. External Links
X. Special Admonitions for International Use
The Sites are hosted by G1, which is headquartered in North Carolina, U.S.A. All matters relating to the Sites shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the United States of America and not the jurisdiction in which you are located. If you are located outside of the United States of America and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States of America and that by submitting information, you explicitly authorize such transfer.
G1 takes appropriate organizational and technical measures (processes, controls, systems and procedures) to protect the security, confidentiality, accuracy, integrity, and availability of Protected Data (link).
If your personal data is subject to GDPR then you have rights which you may exercise by contacting email@example.com. G1 is committed to ensuring that your rights are protected. Please note some rights are not fully applicable depending on the exact circumstances in which we process your personal data.
These websites are intended for U.S. audiences only; however, If your personal data is subject to the GDPR, G1 will transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to a location outside the EEA only when there has been a documented adequacy determination, or where G1 has confirmed adequate privacy protections. If G1 transfers personal data to a third party acting as an agent of G1, we will also obligate the third party to have adequate privacy protections in place. Under the GDPR, data subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. We do not engage in automated decision making
For complaints that cannot be resolved, if your personal data is subject to the GDPR, we commit to cooperating with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) or the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC), as applicable, and comply with the advice given by the DPAs or FDPIC about personal data transferred from the EU or Switzerland.
In order to facilitate the handling of complaints, individuals in the EU can choose to contact their national DPA or use the form located at this link:
Individuals in Switzerland can contact the Swiss FDPIC by visiting:
This independent dispute resolution process is provided at no cost to the individual.
If your personal data is subject to the GDPR, the data controller for the purposes of GDPR or other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Attention: Data Protection Officer
700 Park Offices Drive, Suite 200
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Any data subject may, at any time, contact us directly with any questions and suggestions concerning data protection. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns about the collection, use, or processing of personal data using the contact information provided above. In the event of a privacy related issue or complaint, we will investigate and attempt to promptly resolve any complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of personal data.